1. Chen, Z., Zhu, B.-K., Jia, W.-F., Liang, J.-H. and Sun, G.-X., "Can electrokinetic removal of metals from contaminated paddy soils be powered by microbial fuel cells?", Environmental Technology & Innovation, Vol. 3, (2015), 63-67.
2. Hosono, T., Su, C.-C., Delinom, R., Umezawa, Y., Toyota, T., Kaneko, S. and Taniguchi, M., "Decline in heavy metal contamination in marine sediments in jakarta bay, indonesia due to increasing environmental regulations", Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, Vol. 92, No. 2, (2011), 297-306.
3. Brils, J. and de Deckere, E., "Sednet—an evolving network aimed at sustainable sediment management", Journal of Soils and Sediments, Vol. 3, No. 3, (2003), 127-128.
4. Yao, Z., Li, J., Xie, H. and Yu, C., "Review on remediation technologies of soil contaminated by heavy metals", Procedia Environmental Sciences, Vol. 16, (2012), 722-729.
5. Al-Hamdan, A.Z. and Reddy, K.R., "Transient behavior of heavy metals in soils during electrokinetic remediation", Chemosphere, Vol.71, No. 5, (2008), 860-871.
6. Reddy, K.R. and Cameselle, C., "Electrochemical remediation technologies for polluted soils, sediments and groundwater, John Wiley & Sons, (2009).
7. Yuan, S., Zheng, Z., Chen, J. and Lu, X., "Use of solar cell in electrokinetic remediation of cadmium-contaminated soil", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 162, No. 2-3, (2009), 1583-1587.
8. Behera, M. and Ghangrekar, M.M., "Performance and economics of low cost clay cylinder microbial fuel cell for wastewater treatment", in World Renewable Energy Congress-Sweden; 8-13 May; 2011; Linköping; Sweden, Linköping University Electronic Press. No. 57, (2011), 1189-1196.
9. Li, W.-W., Yu, H.-Q. and He, Z., "Towards sustainable wastewater treatment by using microbial fuel cells-centered technologies", Energy & Environmental Science, Vol. 7, No. 3, (2014), 911-924.
10. Logan, B.E., Hamelers, B., Rozendal, R., Schröder, U., Keller, J., Freguia, S., Aelterman, P., Verstraete, W. and Rabaey, K., "Microbial fuel cells: Methodology and technology", Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 40, No. 17, (2006), 5181-5192.
11. Logan, B.E. and Regan, J.M., Microbial fuel cells—challenges and applications. 2006, ACS Publications.
12. Xu, J., Sheng, G.-P., Luo, H.-W., Li, W.-W., Wang, L.-F. and Yu, H.-Q., "Fouling of proton exchange membrane (PEM) deteriorates the performance of microbial fuel cell", Water Research, Vol. 46, No. 6, (2012), 1817-1824.
13. Bi, R., Schlaak, M., Siefert, E., Lord, R. and Connolly, H., "Influence of electrical fields (ac and dc) on phytoremediation of metal polluted soils with rapeseed (brassica napus) and tobacco (nicotiana tabacum)", Chemosphere, Vol. 83, No. 3, (2011), 318-326.
14. Jiang, H., Liu, G., He, S. and Guo, J., "Effects of complexes and ph buffer solution in electrokinetic oxidation treatment on sediments chromium removal", Wuhan University Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol. 23, No. 3, (2018), 265-269.
15. Habibul, N., Hu, Y. and Sheng, G.-P., "Microbial fuel cell driving electrokinetic remediation of toxic metal contaminated soils", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 318, (2016), 9-14.
16. Yasri, N.G. and Nakhla, G., "The performance of 3-d graphite doped anodes in microbial electrolysis cells", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 342, (2017), 579-588.
17. Zhao, L., Li, J., Battaglia, F. and He, Z., "Computational investigation of the flow field contribution to improve electricity generation in granular activated carbon-assisted microbial fuel cells", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 333, (2016), 83-87.
18. Ebrahimi, A., Yousefi Kebria, D. and Najafpour Darzi, G., "Enhancing biodegradation and energy generation via roughened surface graphite electrode in microbial desalination cell", Water Science and Technology, Vol. 76, No.5. (2017). 1206-1214.
19. Association, A.P.H. and Association, A.W.W., "Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, American public health association, (1989).
20. Ebrahimi, A., Yousefi Kebria, D. and Darzi, G.N., "Improving bioelectricity generation and cod removal of sewage sludge in microbial desalination cell", Environmental Technology, Vol. 39, No. 9, (2018), 1188-1197.
21. Alshawabkeh, A.N. and Bricka, R.M., "Basics and applications of electrokinetic remediation", Environmental Science and Pollution Control Series, (2000), Marcel Dekker Inc. New York. ISBN: 0-8247-0332-4.
22. Ebrahimi, A., Najafpour, G.D. and Kebria, D.Y., "Performance of microbial desalination cell for salt removal and energy generation using different catholyte solutions", Desalination, Vol. 432, (2018), 1-9.
23 Mena, E., Villaseñor, J., Cañizares, P. and Rodrigo, M., "Influence of electric field on the remediation of polluted soil using a biobarrier assisted electro-bioremediation process", Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 190, (2016), 294-304.
24. Hamed, J.T. and Bhadra, A., "Influence of current density and ph on electrokinetics", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 55, No. 1-3, (1997), 279-294.
25. Bond, D.R., Holmes, D.E., Tender, L.M. and Lovley, D.R., "Electrode-reducing microorganisms that harvest energy from marine sediments", Science, Vol. 295, No. 5554, (2002), 483-485.
26. Gholami, M., Kebria, D.Y. and Mahmudi, M., "Electrokinetic remediation of perchloroethylene-contaminated soil", International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 5, (2014), 1433-1438.
27. Kim, S.-O. and Kim, K.-W., "Monitoring of electrokinetic removal of heavy metals in tailing-soils using sequential extraction analysis", Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 85, No. 3, (2001), 195-211.
28. Pazos, M., Sanroman, M. and Cameselle, C., "Improvement in electrokinetic remediation of heavy metal spiked kaolin with the polarity exchange technique", Chemosphere, Vol. 62, No. 5, (2006), 817-822.
29. Ebrahimi, A., Najafpour, G. and Kebria, D., "Effect of batch vs. Continuous mode of operation on microbial desalination cell performance treating municipal wastewater", Iranian Journal of Hydrogen & Fuel Cell, Vol. 3, No. 4, (2016), 281-290.